The world changed drastically in the last month due to the Russian invasion in Ukraine, the biggest conflict on European soil since the end of the second World War. As a result, the longstanding Atlantic Partnership between the US and Europe regains importance.
Being Belgium’s largest trading partner outside the EU, the US offers our companies enormous opportunities.
Although the larger cities and regions along the US coastal sides (New York, Florida, California, Washington, …) are well known markets for our companies, that this is not always the case for some other US States. Therefore, the Belgian Foreign Trade Agency organizes a webinar emphasizing the importance of the US-Belgian trade and highlighting the opportunities in trade and investment in some of those lesser known but promising States.
A successful webinar “The US and Belgium: a longterm partnership story full of opportunities” was organized on 31 March 2022, in collaboration with our partners the FPS Foreign Affairs, Flanders Investment & Trade (FIT), Wallonia Export & Investment Agency (AWEX) and hub.brussels.
- 10.00: Opening by Mr. Didier De Baere, Deputy Director General of the BFTA
- 10.05: Mr. Jeroen Cooreman, Director General for Bilateral Affairs, FPS Foreign Affairs, Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation: “The political and economic importance of the transatlantic cooperation”
- 10.15: HE Mr. Michael M. Adler, Ambassador of the US to Belgium: “A new era in US-Belgian ties in the light of current circumstances”
- 10.25: U.S. Commercial Service – Karel Vantomme - US Government support for your business in the United States
- 10.45: Mr. Archibald Astley-Corbett Esq., Director of Investment Europe Economic Development Partnership North-Carolina: trade and investment opportunities in smaller US States – the particular case of North Carolina
- 11.05: Mr. Drew Combs, North-Dakota government: Trade and investment opportunities in smaller US States – the particular case of North Dakota
- 11.25: Closing remarks and Q&A
We thank HE Mr. Michael Adler, Ambassador of the US to Belgium and Mr. Jeroen Cooreman, Director General for Bilateral Affairs, FPS Foreign Affairs, Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation, for their introduction to this webinar, as well as our guest speakers for their contribution: Mr. Karel Vantomme, U.S. Commercial Service, Mr. Archibald Astley-Corbett Esq., Director of Investment Europe Economic Development Partnership North-Carolina and Mr. Drew Combs, North-Dakota government.
You can watch the replay of the webinar below: